SIAWED having its registered Head office in Chennai has established National and International Network of people willing to contribute towards women empowerment. SIAWED encourages people from all professions to come forward in support of women in business and therefore can offer an excellent Knowledge Transfer and Exchange Platform for aspiring Entrepreneurs.
SIAWED thrives on the strengths and support of the Parent Company, VISTA EXPEDITION, an International Shipping and Forwarding Company with ISO 9001-2008 Accreditation and global representation in almost all parts of the world since the year 2000. For more details, please visit www.vistaexpedition.in
SIAWED is a not for profit, public charitable Trust and therefore the activities are predominantly for social welfare and not for commercial interests. Like minded individuals are solicited to be part of SIAWED as volunteers for a concentrated effort towards meeting the objectives.
SIAWED has established rapport with corporate entities in India and abroad and that facilitates innovative business ideas and not confined with only traditional occupational skills earmarked for women.
SIAWED offers a special thrust to the younger generation of today by grooming them with soft skills essential for employment and entrepreneurship and offering them real life applications of the curriculum.
Industry Experts and successful entrepreneurs form the SIAWED Panel of Mentors and SIAWED ensures this will be a WIN – WIN situation to all concerned.
Our current activities:
- SIAWED is an Associate Partner of Anna University, Chennai and has been conferred the status of ‘Knowledge Transfer Partner’ to impart Entrepreneurial Training to the Engineering Students.
- SIAWED organizes Continuous training programmes involving Industry experts regularly at Anna University for the benefit of students and aspiring entrepreneurs.
- SIAWED is entering into collaboration with several educational institutions in the state for offering skill development programs and Entrepreneurship Development Programs for the benefit of college students. The outgoing students are created an awareness of choosing Entrepreneurship as a viable alternative against traditional employment opportunities.
- Entering into collaboration with business houses and corporate for generating business opportunities to the members of SIAWED on BUY BACK ARRANGEMENT to facilitate the corporate in fulfilling their corporate social responsibility.
- Promoting Green and Renewable Energy through public awareness programs and educates women on effective procedures and simple techniques in collaboration with national and international entities for the betterment of future generation.
- Charity begins at home. An awareness drive on highlighting the importance of maintaining cost effective organic methods of lifestyle for personal and family health and hygiene.
- Creating awareness on the successful adherence to the traditional food habits which improves the quality of life not only to the society but also to the farming community as a whole.
Creating awareness on effective recycling of solid and liquid kitchen waste in contributing our bit in waste disposal for the benefit of our future generations.
News and Events
SIAWED strives to offer entrepreneurial guidance through its networking capability for the benefit of aspiring entrepreneurs irrespective of their age, education, social or economic conditions both in rural and urban areas.
SIAWED offers a platform for women entrepreneurs to come forward for the betterment of their existing business activity or to offer business guidance and support to aspiring members.
We also conduct free workshops and business awareness campaigns to inculcate successful entrepreneurship qualities among women.